The BMV in Ohio will be notified of any out of state DUI convictions through the Interstate Compact Agreement.  

You will also be suspended in Ohio because of the out of state DUI.  You will receive a written notice from the Ohio BMV so it is important to have your current address on file with the BMV.

Once you receive the notice of suspension, you will need a lawyer to help explain the best way to file an appeal. The suspension is for six months and just filing the appeal will not stay the suspension.

To avoid the suspension or to request driving privileges for work you will need a lawyer right away.  In fact it is advisable to contact a lawyer as soon as convicted of the out of state DUI.

You can reach the DUI and criminal defense lawyers at Suhre & Associates, LLC, even on Saturday and Sunday for a consultation.  We can help put the best defense and appeal techniques to work for you right away when you call.

And remember, if you or a family member has been arrested for DUI in the Akron, Ohio area – including: Stark, Summit, or Protage Counties – call 330-564-1126.  We are available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.  Because now is the perfect time to put a team that includes a FORMER POLICE OFFICER and a  2 FORMER PROSECUTORS to work….for you!